Welcome – We’re so happy that you’re interested
in St. Ambrose School!
Choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions you will make for your family. Catholic education provides both academic and spiritual formation for children. St. Ambrose provides a solid academic program that builds strength of character. Our students grow in their faith as they blossom as students. We are very proud of their accomplishments. More importantly, we have confidence that they will learn to apply their faith to their everyday lives. Our hope is that you will see what we see – that St. Ambrose is indeed a very special school.
One of our greatest strengths is our talented and faith-filled faculty. Our teachers encourage all students to achieve at their highest level, and help those students who need an extra hand. Our Resource teacher works with the classroom teachers to meet the needs of students with learning challenges.
Please bring, mail, or fax completed application forms to the school office as soon as possible. Mrs. Trish Konczal, our Director of Admissions, will assist you in the admissions process.
For information about financial aid, the Tuition Assistance page gives the information you need to start the process. Please contact Mrs. Konczal in the school office if you would like to learn more about financial assistance opportunities.
We hope that you will find that your responsibility for educating your children is a little easier as we work together for the spiritual, moral, and academic development of all our students.
If you’ve ever thought about Catholic education for your children, this is the perfect time to learn more about it. We’d love to show you why our parents and children love this school!
- Over 60% of our Teachers hold Post-Graduate Degrees
- 1:13 ratio of Teachers to Students
- Teachers are certified through the State of Virginia and the Virginia Catholic Education Association
- Curriculum includes preparation for the Sacraments including Confirmation, First Communion, and Reconciliation
- Weekly Mass – Students have the opportunity to participate as Altar Servers, Cantors, Lectors, and Gift Bearers
- Living Rosary during the Month of the Rosary
- Stations of the Cross each week during Lent
- Weekly classroom instruction by Parish Priests
- Opportunity to receive Sacrament of Reconciliation monthly_____________
- Small group instruction utilizing mobile Computer Lab
- Weekly Art classes in Art Resource Room
Sports / Extracurricular Activities
Students participate in a wide variety of activities, including:
- Altar Servers
- Battle of the Books
- Chess Club
- Choir/Select Choir
- Garden Club (students in grades 4-7 grow flowers, vegetables, and herbs in our school’s sustainable garden)
- JCYO Sports:
- JCYO Basketball
- JCYO track and cross country
- Kolbe Kids
- Safety Patrols
- STEM Club
- Poetry/Writing Group
- National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- 38% of our students placed in the top 5% in the country on national standardized tests in the areas of Reading and Math
- Spanish Classes for Grades K-8. Students can exempt the first year of Spanish in High School
- Students enjoy Art, Music, Computer, Physical Education, Health classes weekly
- Over 10,000 books! That’s 58 books per student!
- Some perspective: Follett Library Resources considers a “good” library to have 15 books per student!
- Updated computers in all classrooms and offices
- Wireless technology throughout school
- Each classroom has computers dedicated to student use
- Students take part in Computer Lab from Pre-K – 8th grade
- Teachers utilize innovative teaching techniques using
ActivBoards as part of the curriculum
- PTO Technology Committee supports teachers and provides
expertise in technology implementation
- Students perform a musical play at Christmas
- Performance of a Shakespeare play at the Diocesan Shakespeare Festival is the culminating activity for 8th graders
- The Spring Cultural Arts Festival includes a Band performance, an Art Show for all grades, and a spectacular musical performance that includes all students
Tuition and Fees / Financial Assistance
- Tuition and Fees for the 2018-2019 school year
- Please contact us if you would like to learn more about financial assistance opportunities. We’d love to talk with you. More information is available on the Tuition Assistance page.
Extended Day Program
- Licensed before and after school care is provided.
- St. Ambrose School is accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association with approval from the State Board of Education, Commonwealth of Virginia.