Extended Day Program
- Extended Day Covid policies to protect students against Covid transmission.
- The Extended Day Handbook contains important information for parents using St. Ambrose School’s before and after school program.
- The Extended Day Registration Form must be completed by every family. You will be billed the $65 registration fee after your first use of the program.
Licensed Child Day Center
Our Extended Day Program holds a license as a Child Day Center through the State of Virginia. As a result, Extended Day must abide by all of the rules that any daycare center follows and use registration forms provided to us by the state. All employees will be fingerprinted, have completed a background check, be CPR certified, and have completed 16 hours of professional development annually.
All Students are enrolled
Our Extended Day Program will require that all families complete the registration forms for the program, even if you do not plan to use it. This ensures that your child can be cared for in the gym if you are late to carpool or something unexpected comes up. You will NOT be charged for the program unless you use it! The registration forms will be included in the back-to-school forms that will be sent home in August.
Drop in Program
Because we are a small community, we are able to allow any student who wants to use the program to join us on any day. There is no advance notice or long term commitment required. If a meeting comes up on a Monday night and you need care for your child after school on Tuesday, simply tell them to go to Extended Day after school, and we’ll take care of them until you arrive!
Hours of Operation:
- 7 am-8 am Monday through Friday
- 3:10 pm-6 pm Monday through Friday
*We are closed on days that students are not in session
*We are open on all half days and early release days except for field day, 8th-grade graduation, and the last day of school
*We will have Extended Day on days when there is a snow delay. It will always start 1 hour before school
- $8 per hour for the first child
- $6 per hour for every additional child
- $65 annual registration fee- assessed one time annually, automatically charged the first time you use the program (there is no need to pay this fee ahead of time)
*Late pickups result in a late fee being assessed to your account, $10 for every 5 minutes late
You will receive a bill for Extended Day on the 1st day of each month. Fees will be added to your FACTS account, and you will be paid in accordance with your FACTS agreement. If you have any questions about your bill, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Lindsey Whetzel (email@example.com).
3:10-3:30 Homework time while carpool is going on
4:00-4:15 Snack (provided by St. Ambrose)
*students will have access to tables to do homework during Playtime if they choose not to play
*playtime will take place indoors as well as outdoors depending on weather and interest
Expectations of Student Behavior
The Extended Day program is an extension of St. Ambrose School, and therefore all the policies found in the school handbook apply to students while in Extended Day.
- As students get checked in, they should be immediately assigned to a table. Students should be three feet apart.
- Students should be in their corresponding pod.
- Pods will be labeled with a table tent, indicating which grade they should sit at that table.
- Students should remain seated at all times at their tables until they are taken outside to play.
- Snack should be served at 4:15 with students seated six feet apart
- Students are not allowed to walk around, only when they ask permission to go to the bathroom.
- Face covering should be worn at all times.
- Students should be taking outside to the lower parking lot and should remain six feet apart with face covering at all times. Please separate students as follows:
- In section (closer to the dumpster) will be grades 1 and 2
- Middle section would be 3,4 and 5
- Section closest to the pond will be middle school.
Policies that will have to be followed at all times.
- All students must be 3 feet apart at all times with masks on when indoors.
- All students must be 6 feet apart at all times with masks on when outdoors.
- All students must be 6 feet apart when eating.
- Teachers must be 6 feet from students.
- For snacks they must be 6 feet apart, if you have more than 36 students have the remaining students on the floor. Each floor square is one foot. So place a child on a lap-desk, count six squares and place the next child on the seventh square.
St. Ambrose School is excited to provide this service to you this year and look forward to hearing the sounds of joy-filled play coming from the gymnasium after school again!