Grade 6 Course 1 MathPosted on March 26, 2019
Reminder: Please visit the Power School parent portal to view all trimester grades.
Tues, March 26 = wb 119 + Les 9.1-9.4 test Friday
Mon, March 25 = wb 117 using protractor + Les 9.1-9.4 test Friday
Fri, March 22 = Les 9.1-9.4 test next Friday?
Thurs, March 21 = parent signature with corrections on metric test
Wed, March 20 =protractor & compass needed in class / most students have them stored in the classroom / if not, please bring them to class
Tues, March 19 = Les 2.1-4.7-4.8 metric measurement test tomorrow
Mon, March 18 = wb 57-58 + Les 2.1, 4.7-4.8 metric measurement test on Wednesday
Fri, March 15 = Les 2.1, 4.7-4.8 test on metric measurement & conversions on Wednesday
Thurs, March 14 (Pi Day) = See directions sheet… Use white computer paper to illustrate a pi word. Ex: vam-pi-re, pineapple, etc. Be neat! Be colorful!
Wed, March 13 = memorize metric units for metric test next week
Tues, March 12 = wb 55-56 (#1-21) + memorize metric units for metric test early next week
Fri, March 8 = memorize metric units for upcoming test…
Thurs, March 7 = parent signature & corrections on customary units test due tomorrow
Wed, March 6 = make a meter stick using card-stock distributed in class. Color each dm rectangle in a different color. Cut out the dm rectangles & tape them together to form a long strip. Cut & then tape dm rectangle (0-10) on top of 1st rectangle in long strip. Then cut & tape small cm rectangle on space from 0-1. Bring to class tomorrow!
Tues, March 5 = Les 2.1, 7.6-7.7 customary units test tomorrow
Mon, March 4 = wb 99 + Les 2.1, 7.6-7.7 customary units test on Wed
Thurs-Fri, Feb 28-March 1 = wb 99 (#1-6, 13-21) + Les 2.1, 7.6-7.7 customary units test next week (Wed?)
Math 6 Course 1 Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Computation & Estimation with whole numbers, fractions, decimals & percents
- Introduction to Integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Measurement – Metric & Customary with conversions
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Course 1 Math, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2004
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter & inch markings)
- 3-subject spiral notebook
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- Loose-leaf paper
- Compass & protractor (to be collected until needed)
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Placement for the following year in Math 7 or Pre-Algebra 7 is determined by a Diocesan cumulative final exam in June, Scantron testing Math scores, final report card grade plus teacher recommendation (see Parent Handbook for details).
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached and signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.