Grade 6 Course 1 MathPosted on June 14, 2019
Reminder: Please visit the Power School parent portal to view all trimester grades.
Your Math placement for the new school year was included in the Math comment on your report card (Math 7 Course 2 or Pre-Algebra) and in a parent letter with all your math scores. Please complete the appropriate summer math packet on the school website & turn it in to your math teacher during the first week of school in August.
Enjoy your summer!
Math 6 Course 1 Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Computation & Estimation with whole numbers, fractions, decimals & percents
- Introduction to Integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Measurement – Metric & Customary with conversions
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Course 1 Math, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2004
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter & inch markings)
- 3-subject spiral notebook
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- Loose-leaf paper
- Compass & protractor (to be collected until needed)
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Placement for the following year in Math 7 or Pre-Algebra 7 is determined by a Diocesan cumulative final exam in June, Scantron testing Math scores, final report card grade plus teacher recommendation (see Parent Handbook for details).
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached and signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.