Grade 6 SciencePosted on June 14, 2019
Reminder: Visit the Power School parent portal regularly to view all trimester grades.
Science 6 Course Description:
- Scientific investigation through research, lab experiments, models & demonstrations
- Physical Science = Matter & energy
- Environmental Science = Solar energy, air, water, watershed systems and natural resources
- Life Science = Ecosystems, relationships and adaptations
- Earth Science = Solar system, space exploration, Earth & Moon
- Textbook = Virginia Grade 6 i-Science, Glencoe c2013
- Website = online textbook access @ www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com . Access with your personal user name and password.
- 5+ blue or black pens
- As needed = scissors, glue, colored pencils, markers, shoe box, poster board
- Composition notebook
- Labeled Science pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox (to be stored in classroom)
- Lesson outlines
- Chapter tests and quizzes
- Online textbook access for reading, questions, virtual labs, etc.
- Research projects
- Lab activities, models & reports
- Graded homework assignments
- Homework (written or study), class work & class participation
- Students will write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- Students should review vocabulary and daily notes frequently.
- All tests are to be signed by the parent/guardian and returned to class the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.
Related Field Trip:
- Mission simulation at the Challenger Learning Center plus the NASA Goddard Visitor Center in Greenbelt, MD in May