Grade 6 SciencePosted on March 26, 2019
Reminder: Visit the Power School parent portal regularly to view all trimester grades.
Mon-Tues, March 25-26 = finish Les 9.2 outline (all) due Thursday + Ch 9 test next Fri, April 5?
Fri, March 22 = start Les 9.2 outline (Parts A-C)
Tues-Thurs, March 19-21 = parent signature on biome quiz due Thurs + Les 9.1 outline due Friday
Fri-Mon, March 15-18 = parent signature on Ch 8 test due Tuesday + finish all vocab def (p 296 & 304) from March 8
Tues-Thurs, March 12-14 = finish Ch 9 vocab def (p 296 & 304) + open notebook quiz on biome/ecosystem projects on Friday
Fri, March 8 = research/diorama due Tues + Ch 9 vocab def (p 296 & 304) due Wed
Thurs, March 7 = Ch 8 test tomorrow (absentees will take the missed test on the 1st day of their return) + research/diorama due Tuesday
Tues-Wed, March 5-6 = Ch 8 test moved to Friday + research/diorama due Tuesday, March 12
Mon, March 4 = Les 8.3 review sheet (#47 & 54) + Ch 8 test Thursday + research/diorama due next Tuesday, March 12
Thurs-Fri, Feb 28-March 1 = Ch 8 test next week + work on research/diorama due March 12
Science 6 Course Description:
- Scientific investigation through research, lab experiments, models & demonstrations
- Physical Science = Matter & energy
- Environmental Science = Solar energy, air, water, watershed systems and natural resources
- Life Science = Ecosystems, relationships and adaptations
- Earth Science = Solar system, space exploration, Earth & Moon
- Textbook = Virginia Grade 6 i-Science, Glencoe c2013
- Website = online textbook access @ www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com . Access with your personal user name and password.
- 5+ blue or black pens
- As needed = scissors, glue, colored pencils, markers, shoe box, poster board
- Composition notebook
- Labeled Science pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox (to be stored in classroom)
- Lesson outlines
- Chapter tests and quizzes
- Online textbook access for reading, questions, virtual labs, etc.
- Research projects
- Lab activities, models & reports
- Graded homework assignments
- Homework (written or study), class work & class participation
- Students will write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- Students should review vocabulary and daily notes frequently.
- All tests are to be signed by the parent/guardian and returned to class the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.
Related Field Trip:
- Mission simulation at the Challenger Learning Center plus the NASA Goddard Visitor Center in Greenbelt, MD in May