Grade 7 Course 2 MathPosted on March 26, 2019
Reminder: Visit the Power School parent portal to view all trimester grades.
Tues, March 26 = parent signature with corrections on test due tomorrow
Mon, March 25 = textbook p 500 (bottom, #1-7) on LL paper
Thurs-Fri, March 21-22 = Les 10.1-10.4 test on Monday
Wed, March 20 = Les 10.1-10.4 test moved to Monday (no Math class on Friday due to Gettysburg trip preparation talk in AM)
Tues, March 19 = wb 131-132 + Les 10.1-10.4 test Thursday
Mon, March 18 = wb 129-130 + Les 10.1-10.4 test on Thursday
Fri, March 15 = Les 10.1-10.4 test on Thursday
Thurs, March 14 (Pi Day) = Use a 1/2 piece of white paper – folded lengthwise. Create a slogan to advertise pi as a bumper sticker. Be neat! Add color! May be hand-made or computer generated.
Wed, March 13 = Les 10.1-10.4 test next week
Tues, March 12 = parent signature on graded HW p 437 + finish test corrections with parent signature + wb 127-128 = due TOMORROW
Fri, March 8 = parent signature with corrections on test due WED.
Thurs, March 7 = textbook p 437 (#1-9) on LL
Tues-Wed, March 5-6 = wb 115-116 (#4-17) PLUS Les 9.1-9.3 test Thursday (during double period) = NO Math class on Wed
Mon, March 4 = wb 114 + Les 9.1-9.3 test Thursday (during a double period)
Math 7 Course 2 Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Computation & Estimation with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents & integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Measurement – Metric & Customary with conversions
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Course 2 Math, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2004
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter/inch markings)
- Spiral 3-subject notebook
- Loose-leaf paper
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with clear Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Placement for the following year in Pre-Algebra 8 or Algebra 8 is determined by the IOWA Algebra Readiness Test in June, Scantron testing Math scores, final report card grade plus teacher recommendation (see Parent Handbook for details).
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached to test & signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.