Grade 7 Course 2 MathPosted on June 14, 2019
Reminder: Visit the Power School parent portal to view all trimester grades.
Your Math placement for the new school year was included in the Math comment on your report card (Pre-Algebra or Algebra) and in a parent letter with all your math scores. Please complete the appropriate summer math packet on the school website & turn it in to your math teacher during the first week of school in August.
Enjoy your summer!
Math 7 Course 2 Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Computation & Estimation with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents & integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Measurement – Metric & Customary with conversions
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Course 2 Math, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2004
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter/inch markings)
- Spiral 3-subject notebook
- Loose-leaf paper
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with clear Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Placement for the following year in Pre-Algebra 8 or Algebra 8 is determined by the IOWA Algebra Readiness Test in June, Scantron testing Math scores, final report card grade plus teacher recommendation (see Parent Handbook for details).
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached to test & signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.