Grade 7 Course 2 MathPosted on May 23, 2019
Reminder: Visit the Power School parent portal to view all trimester grades.
Thurs-Mon, May 23-27 = All 7th graders take a Math placement test on Wed, May 29 + Les 13.1-13.3 test on Thurs, May 30
Wed, May 22 = missing parent signature on p 599? + parent signature with corrections on test + Les 13.1-13.3 test next week (Thurs?)
Tues, May 21 = sign p 599 + wb 169-170 (all) + Les 13.1-13.3 test next week
Thurs, May 16 = textbook p 621 (31-7) on LL paper due tomorrow
Wed, May 15 = Les 12.4-12.6 test tomorrow on volume & surface area formulas
Tues, May 14 =wb 167 (#1-5) + Les 12.4-12.6 test Thurs
Mon, May 13 = parent signature with corrections on Ch 12 test + Les 12.4-12.6 test Thurs
Thurs, May 9 = parent signature on HW p 577 + wb 163 (#9) + Les 12.4-12.6 test next week
Wed, May 8 =wb 163 (#1-6) using cylinder surface area formula + Les 12.4-12.6 test next week
Mon-Tues, May 6-7 = textbook p 599 (bottom, #1-7) on LL paper due Wed
Fri, May 3 = Les 12.1-12.3 test on Monday
Thurs, May 2 =wb 161-162 (#1-10) + Les 12.1-12.3 test Monday?
Wed, May 1 = parent signature with corrections on test
Tues, April 30 = textbook p 577 (#1-3 and #7-11) on LL paper. Show your work!
Mon, April 29 = Ch 11 test tomorrow + Worked on Les 12.1 today, p 583-587 / Get notes if you were absent.
Tues-Wed, April 16-17 = wb 155-156 (#2-16, even #s only) + Ch 11 test postponed until Tues, April 30 (when we return from Easter vacation… Bring home books to review!)
Mon, April 15 = wb 153-154 (#1-13, odd #s only) + Ch 11 test Thurs?
Thurs-Fri, April 11-12 = wb 151-152 (#8-10, 13) due Monday + Ch 11 test on Thurs?
Wed, April 10 = wb 151 (#1-7) showing all your work (A = 1/2 bh ) + memorize all area formulas + Ch 11 test Tues/Thurs?
Tues, April 9 = wb 149 (skip Lessons 11.2-11.3) + Ch 11 test next Tuesday?
Mon, April 8 = parent signature with test corrections + wb 143 + Ch 11 test next week (Tues?)
Thurs, April 4 = textbook p 529 (#1-10) on LL paper due tomorrow
Wed, April 3 = Les 10.5-10.8 test tomorrow
Tues, April 2 =wb 141 (#3-5) + Les 10.5-10.8 test Thursday
Mon, April 1 = wb 139 + Les 10.5-10.8 test Thursday
Fri, March 29 = Les 10.5-10.8 test on Thurs/Fri?
Thurs, March 28 = wb 137 (#1-3) + parent signature on graded HW p 500 + Les 10.5-10.8 test next week (Thurs/Fri?)
Wed, March 27 = wb 135 + Les 10.5-10.8 test next week
Tues, March 26 = parent signature with corrections on test due tomorrow
Mon, March 25 = textbook p 500 (bottom, #1-7) on LL paper
Thurs-Fri, March 21-22 = Les 10.1-10.4 test on Monday
Wed, March 20 = Les 10.1-10.4 test moved to Monday (no Math class on Friday due to Gettysburg trip preparation talk in AM)
Tues, March 19 = wb 131-132 + Les 10.1-10.4 test Thursday
Mon, March 18 = wb 129-130 + Les 10.1-10.4 test on Thursday
Fri, March 15 = Les 10.1-10.4 test on Thursday
Thurs, March 14 (Pi Day) = Use a 1/2 piece of white paper – folded lengthwise. Create a slogan to advertise pi as a bumper sticker. Be neat! Add color! May be hand-made or computer generated.
Wed, March 13 = Les 10.1-10.4 test next week
Tues, March 12 = parent signature on graded HW p 437 + finish test corrections with parent signature + wb 127-128 = due TOMORROW
Fri, March 8 = parent signature with corrections on test due WED.
Thurs, March 7 = textbook p 437 (#1-9) on LL
Tues-Wed, March 5-6 = wb 115-116 (#4-17) PLUS Les 9.1-9.3 test Thursday (during double period) = NO Math class on Wed
Mon, March 4 = wb 114 + Les 9.1-9.3 test Thursday (during a double period)
Math 7 Course 2 Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra
- Computation & Estimation with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents & integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Measurement – Metric & Customary with conversions
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Course 2 Math, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2004
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter/inch markings)
- Spiral 3-subject notebook
- Loose-leaf paper
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with clear Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Placement for the following year in Pre-Algebra 8 or Algebra 8 is determined by the IOWA Algebra Readiness Test in June, Scantron testing Math scores, final report card grade plus teacher recommendation (see Parent Handbook for details).
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached to test & signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.