Grade 8 Pre-AlgebraPosted on June 14, 2019
Enjoy your summer!
Pre-Algebra 8 Course Description www.classzone.com
- Number Sense
- Problem Solving
- Patterns, Functions & Algebra – expressions, equations & inequalities
- Computation & Estimation – whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, ratios & integers
- Statistics & Probability
- Textbook & Practice Workbook = Pre-Algebra, McDougal Littell Middle School, c2005
- Website for assistance and additional practice = www.classzone.com
- 5+ sharpened pencils with erasers
- 12-inch ruler (with centimeter & inch markings)
- 3-subject spiral notebook
- Loose-leaf paper
- Labeled Math pocket in the 8-pocket folder
- TI-30XA scientific calculator (same model used in Grades 6-8)
- Textbook covered with paper or Book Sox
- Workbook protected with clear Contac paper
- Assessments = tests, quizzes and graded homework assignments
- Daily homework (Monday-Thursday), class work & class participation
- Students write all daily assignments and upcoming test dates in their agendas.
- All tests are to be corrected on loose-leaf paper, attached and signed by the parent/guardian. Tests should be returned to me the next day. This counts as a homework assignment.