8 SciencePosted on May 25, 2020
Week (5/18- 5/29)
Finish any remaining work/assignments.
Grades will be finalized on 5/29
Week (5/11- 5/15)
Ch10.L1-L2 Quiz – Due Tuesday
Week (5/04- 5/08)
Ch12.L1 – Electromagnetic Waves
Week (4/27- 5/01)
Read Ch10.L1 & L2 Worksheet
Week (4/13 – 4/19)
Easter Spring Break
Week (4/06 – 4/10)
1) Read Ch9.L1 & do Wksheet (due Thu. 4/09)
2) We meet up this Wednesday’s online class @ 1pm-1:50 pm
Week (3/30 – 4/03)
1) Ch8.L1-L4 Test (due 4/02)
2) We will start Ch9 this week in the online class.
1) Online class is every Wednesday & Friday @ 1 pm – 1:50 pm.
We will do review, Q & A, and present on lesson
2) Read Ch8.L3&L4 and do review questions.
3) Ch8.L1-L4 Test is on Friday 3/27 online.
* Check Google classroom for Zoom class link & updates.
Go over chapter vocabs, charts, notes, and lesson review questions.Self-portrait photo – Friday, 02/02/20
Bring photo print to class (ideally a 4″ x 6″) for a fun project display.
Ch6.L1-L3 Test – Wednesday, 02/12/20
Go over chapter vocabs, charts, notes, and lesson review questions.
Binder & Trifold boards finalized – Friday, 02/07/20
VERY IMPORTANT as presentation rehearsals w/ binder & trifold
start on week of 2/10/20. Worth 50 pts.
Trifold Draft board – Friday, 01/31/20
36″ x 48″ standard white or color board is fine.
Experimental data completed and in trifold & binder.
Ch5.L3 Quiz – Friday 01/17/20
Binder draft & Research Paper (Sci. Fair) – Thursday, 01/16/20
Must include all sections -Table of Contents, Abstract, Problem, Hypothesis
Research Paper, Materials Used, Procedure & Variables, Bibliography
* Data / Log of Experiment(s), Charts/Graphs, Analysis & Conclusion
added later if not finished w/ experiment.
Ch5.L3 – (Do Lesson 1 review questions 1-8) 01/14/20
Science Fair (update) 12/13/19
– Start organizing your notebook binder & research paper (>=750 words)
– Start your experiments & record data/results on notebook binder
DO NOT wait until January to start.
– Instructions & samples are in your packet & posted on Google Classroom
Ch4.L1-L2 Test on Friday 12/13/19
Go over notes, worksheets, lesson 1-2 review questions to prep for test.
Science Fair FINAL proposal Friday 11/15/19.
Final proposal will count as much as a Quiz grade.
Ch3.L1-L3 Test on Thursday, 11/14/19
Go over notes, worksheets, lesson 1-3 review questions to prep for test.
Science Fair (draft / revised) proposal extended to Friday 11/01/19.
(applies to approved ideas, need to share on Google Docs)
Do Ch3.L1 (q. 1-7) & L2 (q. 1-9) review questions. Will be checked end of week.
Ch2.L1-L2 Quiz on Thursday, 10/24/19
Go over notes & do Ch2 review questions #1-14, 17 on p. 76-77 to prep for qu iz.
Turn in ch2 review questions for classwork/homework by end of week (Thursday)
3 project ideas proposal for Science Fair due Friday 10/11/19.
– Note: points deducted if submitted late. Use form on packet.
Ch1.L1-L4 Quiz on Thursday, 10/10/19
Go over chapter review questions and notes.
Virtual Lab: Learn how to build Atoms & Elements, 9/30/19
Lab worksheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PCe6thhzOTtYSDHlzrA0vB9IehJSJey7XkjIhqm2m08/edit?usp=sharing
Science Fair 2019-2020
– Parent’s signature on letter is due Wednesday 10/02/19.
– Students received a packet w/ letter to parents on Wednesday, 9/25/19.
– Digital copy of letter and packet are available here:
-> Letter to Parent Packet 2019-2020
NOS.Lesson1 & Lesson 2 quiz, 9/12/19
Science lab contract signed by parent, due 9/6/19
Homework due Wednesday, 9/4/19 on the following scenario:
Mr. An wanted to build a fast skateboard. He wondered if the size of the wheels (with the same material) would make a difference on speed going down a hill. He had 4 sizes: X-large, Large, Regular (wheels that come w/ the skateboard), Small, and would like to do a scientific inquiry on it. You are hired as product scientist for this. Devise/write out the experiment by answering the following:
1) State the question Mr. An is asking.
2) Create a hypothesis.
3) Identify what the independent and dependent variables are.
4) What would be the control group and experimental group.
5) How would a conclusion be made?
Homework due Thursday, 9/5/19
Do Lesson1 review questions 1-7 on p. NOS11
WELCOME to Science 8 Class
Science 8 – “Physical Science” (Matter, Chemistry, Physics, Energy)
Scientific Inquiry, Atoms & Periodic Tables, Model & Experiments/Labs.
What to Expect:
– Labs, projects, STEM experiments.
– More math & critical thinking applications to Science to prepare for H.S.
– Understanding & applying methods of Science to real world scenarios.
– Connecting Science w/ faith & reason.
– Meet/exceed Science diocese curriculum.
– Class Engagement/Participation
– Lab, Classwork, Homework, Projects
Required Supplies: Science notebook / journal, calculator
Resources: Virginia Grade 8 i-Science (Glencoe), McGraw-Hill Science Labs
Assignments – Will be posted each lesson week.