8 SciencePosted on November 10, 2019
Science Fair FINAL proposal Friday 11/15/19.
Final proposal will count as much as a Quiz grade.
Ch3.L1-L3 Test on Thursday, 11/14/19
Go over notes, worksheets, lesson 1-3 review questions to prep for test.
Science Fair (draft / revised) proposal extended to Friday 11/01/19.
(applies to approved ideas, need to share on Google Docs)
Do Ch3.L1 (q. 1-7) & L2 (q. 1-9) review questions. Will be checked end of week.
Ch2.L1-L2 Quiz on Thursday, 10/24/19
Go over notes & do Ch2 review questions #1-14, 17 on p. 76-77 to prep for qu iz.
Turn in ch2 review questions for classwork/homework by end of week (Thursday)
3 project ideas proposal for Science Fair due Friday 10/11/19.
– Note: points deducted if submitted late. Use form on packet.
Ch1.L1-L4 Quiz on Thursday, 10/10/19
Go over chapter review questions and notes.
Virtual Lab: Learn how to build Atoms & Elements, 9/30/19
Lab worksheet here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PCe6thhzOTtYSDHlzrA0vB9IehJSJey7XkjIhqm2m08/edit?usp=sharing
Science Fair 2019-2020
– Parent’s signature on letter is due Wednesday 10/02/19.
– Students received a packet w/ letter to parents on Wednesday, 9/25/19.
– Digital copy of letter and packet are available here:
-> Letter to Parent Packet 2019-2020
NOS.Lesson1 & Lesson 2 quiz, 9/12/19
Science lab contract signed by parent, due 9/6/19
Homework due Wednesday, 9/4/19 on the following scenario:
Mr. An wanted to build a fast skateboard. He wondered if the size of the wheels (with the same material) would make a difference on speed going down a hill. He had 4 sizes: X-large, Large, Regular (wheels that come w/ the skateboard), Small, and would like to do a scientific inquiry on it. You are hired as product scientist for this. Devise/write out the experiment by answering the following:
1) State the question Mr. An is asking.
2) Create a hypothesis.
3) Identify what the independent and dependent variables are.
4) What would be the control group and experimental group.
5) How would a conclusion be made?
Homework due Thursday, 9/5/19
Do Lesson1 review questions 1-7 on p. NOS11
WELCOME to Science 8 Class
Science 8 – “Physical Science” (Matter, Chemistry, Physics, Energy)
Scientific Inquiry, Atoms & Periodic Tables, Model & Experiments/Labs.
What to Expect:
– Labs, projects, STEM experiments.
– More math & critical thinking applications to Science to prepare for H.S.
– Understanding & applying methods of Science to real world scenarios.
– Connecting Science w/ faith & reason.
– Meet/exceed Science diocese curriculum.
– Class Engagement/Participation
– Lab, Classwork, Homework, Projects
Required Supplies: Science notebook / journal, calculator
Resources: Virginia Grade 8 i-Science (Glencoe), McGraw-Hill Science Labs
Assignments – Will be posted each lesson week.