Jump Rope for Heart results
Posted on March 20, 2018
Dear St. Ambrose Families,
Wow, what a fantastic community we have at St. Ambrose School! During February the students worked hard in PE class to learn how to jump rope in preparation for the Jump Rope for Heart event. During the event, the students showed great effort towards completing the endurance challenge, had a great time jumping rope with their classmates and showed off some new tricks. Next time you are at school, stop by the gym to see their names on the endurance challenge poster.
Through the efforts of the students who participated in fundraising, they raised $4,300 for the American Heart Association. The students exceeded my goal of $3,000 which has earned them a dress down day, date TBD. I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this worthy cause. Fundraising gifts will be sent home today.
Mrs. Amy Wise
St. Ambrose School
St. Ambrose Families, (Please read to the end of this letter).
We had our Jump Rope for Heart kickoff assembly on Friday, February 2. This is a great opportunity for us to help raise money for The American Heart Association (AHA) and to learn about having a healthy heart. The following is some information about how this event will run:
- All students, registered or not registered, will participate in the event during their PE class the week of February 26th-March 2nd.
- Students do not need to be proficient in their jump roping skills.
- The event is not a competition but just a fun PE class of jump roping and other activities.
- Donations made in the form of cash or checks for the AHA are due the week of the event. Final online contributions and late cash donations are due by Friday, March 9th. Please send contributions in the envelope provided in last weeks communication folder.
- Prizes earned will be ordered on March 9th with the students receiving them a few weeks later. Instant gifts, will be awarded the same week that your child received an online donation.
- If our school raises $3,000 for the AHA, the students will earn a dress down day.
- If our school raises $1,500, the PE program will receive $100.
- To register your child please do the following:
- Go to www.heart.org/jump
- Search for St Ambrose Catholic School
- Select our school and join team.
- Follow the remaining step.
Washington Wizard Ticket
The American Heart Association and Washington Wizards want to recognize those students who are registered online and have raised online donations. Therefore, this season the Washington Wizards will be providing each student who completes the online registration and raises $50.00 or more one (1) complimentary ticket with the purchase of at least one (1) discounted ticket.* Also, any student who raises $200 or more online will be entered in a drawing for the chance to be an Anthem Child at the game. Each game will allow 15 students the opportunity to stand on court with a Washington Wizards player during the National Anthem. Winners will be chosen at random and they will draw 15 students per game.
Monday, January 15th vs. Milwaukee Bucks
Friday, February 23rd vs. Charlotte Hornets
Tuesday, March 6th vs. Miami Heat
Tuesday, March 13th vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Friday, April 6th vs. Atlanta Hawks
*Tickets are based on availability for the selected games.
Mrs. Amy Wise
St. Ambrose School
“Fostering a faith-filled and academically strong environment, Saint Ambrose Catholic School works with families and the faith community to encourage the formation of the whole child through the examples and teachings of Jesus Christ.”