CYO Cross Country and Track and Field
Posted on September 3, 2021
AVAILABLE TO GRADES 3RD – 8TH
The St. Ambrose CYO Cross Country and Track and Field program is designed to expose athletes to the fundamentals of running (form, pacing, and endurance); provide a fun, safe environment where individual ability comes out; and help athletes get fit while learning to value fitness and achieve personal performance goals.
Practices are twice a week.
There are two to three developmental meets and the Diocesan Championship Meet during the season. CYO Cross Country Meet distances are Frosh (3rd-4th grades): 2km, JV (5th – 6th grades): 3km, Varsity (7th-8th grades): 4km. Track and Field will have one meet.
FALL 2021 PRACTICE SCHEDULE
- Practices will be Mondays and Thursdays 4:30-5:30 PM.
- The first practice is Thursday, September 9 from 4:30-5:30 PM.
- We will meet on the basketball court behind school.
NOTE: Unless your child is going to extended day, please make arrangements for their care from the end of school until the start of practice at 4:30 PM. If you have any questions regarding after care, please call the school office at 703-698-7171.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is completed online.
- Click here to register: 2021 St. Ambrose Cross Country and Track & Field Registration Form (google.com)
- Fill out the Medical Release (click here for the form) & Participant Agreement Form (click here for the form) – both forms need to be completed per athlete – and handed directly to the coaches at the first practice. These forms must be submitted prior to any athlete participating in practice.
- Submit registration fee here: https://StAmbroseCYO.givesmart.com