Welcome - We’re so happy that you are interested
in St. Ambrose School!
Choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions you will make for your family. Catholic education provides both academic and spiritual formation for children. St. Ambrose provides a solid academic program that builds strength of character. Our students grow in their faith as they blossom as students. We are very proud of their accomplishments. More importantly, we have confidence that they will learn to apply their faith to their everyday lives. Our hope is that you will see what we see – that St. Ambrose is indeed a very special school.
One of our greatest strengths is our talented and faith-filled faculty. Our teachers encourage all students to achieve at their highest level, and help those students who need an extra hand. Our Resource teacher works with the classroom teachers to meet the needs of students with learning challenges.
Since some classes are nearly full, please bring, mail, or fax completed application forms to the school office as soon as possible. Mrs. Ida Smith, our Registrar, will assist you in the admissions process.
For information about financial aid, the Tuition Assistance page gives the information you need to start the process. Please contact me if you would like to learn more about financial assistance opportunities. I’d love to talk with you.
I hope that you will find that your responsibility for educating your children is a little easier as we work together for the spiritual, moral, and academic development of all our students.
Mrs. Barbara Dalmut
If you’ve ever thought about Catholic education for your children, this is the perfect time to learn more about it. We’d love to show you why our parents and children love this school!
- Curriculum includes preparation for the Sacraments including Confirmation, First Communion, and Reconciliation
- Weekly Mass – Students have the opportunity to participate as Altar Servers, Cantors, Lectors, and Gift Bearers
- Living Rosary during the Month of the Rosary
- Stations of the Cross each week during Lent
- Weekly classroom instruction by Parish Priests
- Opportunity to receive Sacrament of Reconciliation monthly_____________
- Small group instruction utilizing Computer Lab
- Weekly Art classes in Art Resource Room
Students participate in a wide variety of activities, including:
- JCYO programs for Basketball, Track, Cross-Country
- Children’s Choir and Select Choir sing at school Masses and monthly parish Mass
- School Band under the direction of the Garwood Whaley Music Program
- Chess Club
- Battle of the Books
- Scholastic Academic Challenge
- Crochet USA
- Math counts
- 2010 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- 38% of our Students placed in the top 5% in the country on national standardized tests in the areas of Reading and Math
- Spanish Classes for Grades K-8. Students can exempt the first year of Spanish in High School
- Students enjoy Art, Music, Computer, Physical Education, Health classes weekly
- Students take part in Computer Lab from Kindergarten – 8th grade
- Teachers utilize innovative teaching techniques using ActivBoards as part of the curriculum
- Students in K-5 perform a musical play at Christmas
- Performance of a Shakespeare play at the Diocesan Shakespeare Festival is the culminating activity for 8th graders
- The Spring Cultural Arts Festival includes a Band performance, an Art Show for all grades, and a spectacular middle school Musical
Tuition and Fees / Financial Assistance
- Tuition and fees for the 2012-2013 school year
- Please contact us if you would like to learn more about financial assistance opportunities. We’d love to talk with you. More information is available on the Tuition Assistance page.
Extended Day Program
- Licensed before and after school care is provided.
- St. Ambrose School is accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association with approval from the State Board of Education, Commonwealth of Virginia.